Friday, November 2, 2012

Read the Catechism in a Year? Easy, Peasy!

Source

This year is the Year of Faith in the Catholic Church. This is an opportunity for me to rediscover the faith and deepen my understanding of it. One of my dearest friends in the whole wide world, Aubry, told me about a wonderful way to do this: have a little bit of the Catechism of the Catholic Church sent to my inbox every day during this Year of Faith. Have you ever read the whole Catechism? I definitely have not! It is a daunting task, but @CatechismAPI has made it easy for you. 

Here are the steps:
- Go here: http://flocknote.com/catechism
- Enter your email and click the subscribe button
- Check your email for the verification email and follow the directions
- Wake up every morning to a short piece of the Catechism in your inbox all ready for you. It's like a coffee machine you set at night to be ready in the morning. 

See? Easy, peasy! 

And you don't have to be Catholic to join in on this morning cup of tea. If you are even the smallest bit curious, I strongly encourage you to subscribe and learn a little bit each day. 

Happy Friday! 

5 comments :

  1. Definitely signed up for this too. I'll admit, I'm several days behind, but I go in spurts of catching up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? I'm currently behind, too. I've thought about reading it every day out loud to my baby during breakfast. I just need to get into a rhythm rather than skipping it every morning in my email!

      Delete
  2. I must agree that reading catechism can be easy for some of us. But what’s really hard is internalizing the lesson that it teaches. In my own opinion, you don’t have to memorize all the words that you’ve read, just a positive reception and keeping word to your heart.

    Cameron Silva

    ReplyDelete