Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Birthday for My Husband

My blond-haired, blue-eyed husband added a candle to his yearly German chocolate cake this past weekend.

I would have to say that this was one of his best birthdays ever. He had family in town. He spent the day playing rugby (one try for me and one assist for Ryan as divvied up by me). He rushed to Mass so he could tame our crazy little child. He ate a Mexican feast complete with queso and guacamole. He cuddled with Ryan while watching March Madness and witnessed Ryan's "stupid face" as dubbed by Ryan's uncles:
And then he got to blow out twenty-seven candles.  
As dogs react to squirrels, Ryan reacts to light


"Happy Birthday to you!..." My enthusiasm cancels out my voice, right? Or aggravates its poor quality...
Disappointment in a nutshell.

Happy Birthday, Christopher! Thank you for choosing me to bake German chocolate cakes every year for the rest of your life. You are the best husband, the most incredible dad and I don't mind watching horribly boring philosophical arguments as long as I get to be next to you. Most of the time.

Love,
Trine

No comments :

Post a Comment