1. I'm missing my best friend's bachelorette party this weekend, which I am pretty bummed about. On Wednesday, my sister-in-law and I stopped by Aerie (I know ... so tame) so I could pick up some goodies to send so I'm not the world's worst best friend. Annie, my sister-in-law was carrying Ryan and dancing to whatever bouncy pop song was playing while I tried to not talk to the chatty sales associate because ... it's underwear. I paused from my lacy treasure hunt to look up and see Ryan smiling up at a the blown-up photo on the wall of a girl modeling a bra. And ... he was doing the milk sign with both of his hands a la Meet the Fockers. Like I said, he likes the "boooo's." I'm happy I chose to go into Aerie and not Victoria's Secret or Frederick's.
2. I don't have a photo or video of that incident, but I do have a video of him dancing at lunch later that day. Imagine the fist pumping with a smile and the milk sign. While Ryan is in the midst of showering the floor with his rice, we are showering Becca with praise because she makes the best fried rice ever.
3. Playground maintenance man.
After I told him (only once) that a bottle was trash when he thought it was the grandest toy in the all the land, Ryan has become quite taken with pointing out, "Tash!" at the playground and then picking it up and carrying it all the way to the barrel that serves as a trashcan. Now why can't he do the same with the mess of food he leaves on the floor after every single one of his twenty meals a day since his stomach is a human form of a trash can?
4. My friend, Claire, and I studied in France together and now she is being an amazing Peace Corps Volunteer in Rwanda. I don't read her blog as often as I should, but her last post was very powerful.
5. David and Chris taught Ryan the other day how to pose like the Fighting Irish Leprechaun, and, although he is the right size, his arms just don't get it yet. Instead of being a menacing little man with his fists up ready for a fight, he bunches his fists up, then quickly crosses them across his chest and leans back. Very not intimidating and not leprechaun-y.
|He climbed onto the coffee table and while screaching, "Ka! Ka! Ka!" which means clementine, avocado, Basilica and now leprechaun.|
6. Ignore the size two-small diaper in the photo above. My pregnancy brain got the better of me and I took the dirty diaper wet bag to the washer, went to grab the detergent and never came back. Thank goodness for baby uncle Ciarans who leave diapers behind.
7. And I reached 7! I sat down this morning thinking that I actually had things to talk about, but lo and behold, it still stands that 7 Quick Takes are the hardest posts to write.