Sidenote - Blogger and my computer need to get with the healthy living times of today because they keep telling me that chia is spelled wrong. Possible signal of a fad?
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
adapted from Easy Strawberry Jam via Hellobee and Strawberry Chia Seed Jam via Mountain Mama Cooks.
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon honey or another sweetener
1 tablespoon chia seeds
the zest of medium lemon
Yield: about 1 cup
1. Cook two cups of fresh strawberries over medium heat until the berries start to soften. Smash the berries to release the juices.
2. Add the tablespoon of honey (or another sweetener such as agave or maple syrup, but I prefer honey) and stir.
3. Cook until the strawberry liquid reduces by about a third.
4. Pour the cooked strawberries into a blender or food processor. Add the lemon zest and chia seeds.
5. Blend or process to desired consistency. Remember that the chia seeds will thicken the jam over time. Place in the refrigerator to cool and thicken.
6. Enjoy! I love eating mine plain, mixed in Greek yogurt or on top of some leftover shortcake.