Friday, November 8, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Linking up with my fellow Instagram stalker, Jen, for 7 Quick Takes


Source

1. One day young. I saw this très belle series of photographs this week, and j'adore, j'adore, j'adore them. The photographer documented mothers holding their one day old babies, and the exhausted thrilling love just seeps from the photos. They make me ache for that whirlwind and wrinkly day! 


2. Bodyguard. My days are (leisurely, thanks to my mom!) spent as a baby-bodyguard. In the midst of, "I kissed him!" proclamations, Ryan seems to think it is his responsibility to show Conor some good old brotherly roughhousing even though Conor is less than two weeks old.
What did I ever do to you, bro? All I do is eat and sleep and stare. 


3. Pucker up. I've had people ask me what lip product I wear, and I guess Ryan was curious about it, too. 

It's Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm Stain in Smitten. 

4. The Center for Ethics and Culture is having its Fall Conference this weekend, and Chris and I are tossing the idea around to go to a talk or two with baby in tow. I am not a huge conference person (at all), but Chris is all about stimulating the mind one philosophical discussion at a time and I love events where babies in slings are welcome. We will see! 

5. Soft, thick sweaters? I seem to have donated and discarded all of my soft, cozy sweaters in my latest clothing purge a few months ago, and now that the temperature has dipped and our thermostat and the winter temperatures don't have an inverse relationship, I need some. Anyone have any they purchased lately that they love? Preferably thick cardigans or wraps that are nursing friendly? I would thrift store it up, but I don't think I will be doing my hit up three thrift stores in one day routine for a while. 

I'm kind of a child when it comes to itchy sweaters so I am all about the synthetic, but if you somehow have a wool sweater that is as soft as Conor's skin, I'm all ears. 

6. Hair Help Needed. In the year of 2000, I was very touched by the millenium or something, and my New Year's resolution was to wear a different hair style seven days of the week. What a great self-improvement goal, no? What can I say, my fifth and sixth grade self was a gem (just for clarification - that is supposed to be read with sarcasm). I curled my hair so often that one of my close friends thought my hair was naturally curly. Uh, no. 

Anyway, I peaked too early in the hair department and by the time I was a senior in high school when people normally care about their appearance, I pretty much never did anything noteworthy with my hair, save for dances. To this day, I pretty much never even brush my hair because I can't shake a line I read in a magazine in high school that Gisele, "doesn't own a hair brush." I should probably get over that. 

So. What is this babbling take about? Well, I think I am ready to start sticking my split ends back into the doing my hair regularly waters so if anyone has any easy hair styles for long hair, send them my way! Hair tutorials, Pinterest boards, whatever. Extra points for updos because the baby in my arms is constantly getting his nose tickled by my wannabe-but-never-gonna-be Rapunzel hair. 

7. And we will round it out with a baby photo.

Happy Weekend! 

8 comments :

  1. Those pictures of moms with new babies are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Gives me baby fever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those photos!! Before I read your description about them, I thought that might be a sister-in-law holding your babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the picture of Ryan with your lipstick on his face. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried Twice for sweaters? They list the materials on the website and you can order a bunch at once and pack up the ones that don't fit and schedule a pickup so you don't even have to go to the post office!!! Seriously, it's the most brilliant thing ever and I may or may not order things every week and return half of what I get because I seem to have an endlessly revolving amount of credit there...

    And Ryan's curls! Again! I will never tire of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about doing a hairstyle a day challenge too but can't seem to find a lot for long straight hair. I think I might try to do the ones on "the small things blog" though. I'll let you know if I find some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conor is sooooo cute!! And um, yes, I totally relate to bodyguard duty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought this and love it!!!!!! Not pregnant but it's fab for nursing. And has pockets. And black. And I like to think it dresses up my leggings. No?

    http://m.oldnavy.gap.com/product.html?dn=op635511002&dv=0&shopid=1&pdn=oc1001098

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baby is ADORABLE! And I can't get over the picture of Ryan wearing your lip gloss. :)

    ReplyDelete