1. This was my view right before dinner tonight:
Gosh, there is a lot of blue. I love it.
Missing from the photo is Ryan's bare bum. Let's be honest.
The fact that he was completely dressed until 6:45pm today was realistically a major victory.
2. Tonight for dinner we had baked boneless buffalo wings, Bleu cheese dressing made with Greek yogurt and sauteed kale with bacon. What better way to make Kale taste better than to fry it in bacon fat? What did you have for dinner? I'm always looking for new ideas.
3. Have you ever noticed that your husband, brother, dad or significant male in your life is a tad color blind? Once Chris needed a new winter coat, and he found a really nice one that was final sale that fit him perfectly. I kind of furrowed my eyebrows when I saw his purchase, but I decided to not pick that battle since I had just savaged the Target clearance rack for a some not necessarily needed, but what a great price! clothes. A couple days later when he was asking for my opinion on the coat, I finally told him, "Well ... it's purple ..." to which he answered, "No! It's gray!"
It was definitely purple. (I don't have anything against purple. Chris wears purple shirts often, but he habitually chooses more classic colors for big items like coats so that's why it was confusing to me that he bought a purple coat).
Anyway, I thought it was cute.
So tell me your color blind stories!
4. Colleen's post on the assumptions people make about pregnancy and family size was quite a good one. Check it out for a laugh and some wisdom.
5. Still praying for a miracle for dear Ben. His mother is writing the most honest posts, and my heart breaks for the family.
|This is a photo of the Grotto from yesterday. A-snow-yingly beautiful.|
7. Today is the last day to enter the giveaway Blog2Print is generously sponsoring! Would you like to print your blog into a book? Enter here for a chance to win a $45 credit to do just so.
ETA: Oops! update! Today (Saturday) is actually the last day ... go forth and enter!
|No, the blog book is not on par with Tolkien, these were just our Christmas gifts from Chris' mom this year!|