Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Advent Wreath: Sarah from These Little Blessings

Today I am happy to feature the Advent wreath of Sarah from These Little Blessings. She has an amazing living situation, in my opinion! I know I would love to live with my sister if I weren't already living with that pretty cool husband of mine. 

"Since I moved out of my parents' home and in with my sister in August, this is my first Advent living on my own with no rules to follow but my own and an imaginary book of blank pages just waiting to be filled with new traditions.  This year, my sister and I have a very simple wreath made of pewter and, as much as I miss the color of the Advent wreath we grew up with, I love the way this one is decorated.

Growing up, we would read daily from a little booklet which had excerpts from the daily Mass Readings, and short and sweet prayers that guided our Advent journey.  It was certainly a very easy way to keep up with the "O" Antiphon of the day when that time came!  Now, my sister and I are keeping it nice and simple by praying the "Grace Before Meals" together, as well as the scripture passage on the little Advent calendar that her boyfriend gifted us with on the Feast of Christ the King.
The Advents of my childhood are warm and beautiful memories.  I am so blessed to have been raised in a good, Catholic home.  Now, it's just me and my sister in our little home a short distance away from our parents' home.  We will be spending Christmas with them and will surely see them numerous times in the weeks leading up to the great day.  Transition may feel like a lonely time, but it is rich in opportunity: the chance to create, the time to renew and invigorate!  I am thrilled by the opportunity to think outside the box and begin new."

Thank you for sharing, Sarah! 
-----------
Please send in your advent wreaths! For Advent, I will be featuring Advent wreaths from my readers on the blog. If you would like to submit yours, please send a photo (or photos!) and a little bit about your family's Advent traditions to cedarsandtinyflowers {at} gmail.com. I hope to post one every day through Advent in addition to my regular posts. Can't wait to read about your wreaths!

1 comment :

  1. Thank you, Katrina! What an honor to be featured here! I hope your Advent has been blessed and these last few days are fruitful. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete