Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Advent Wreath: Thomas from Identified Catholic


Today's Advent wreath comes from Thomas from Identified Catholic


"This is the second married Advent for my wife and I. Seven years ago, a few months before I met my wife, I converted to Catholcism; I didn't grow up with Advent. I love Advent now and I'm very excited to share it with my children when my wife and I start a family.
Our Advent wreath is a "the two shall be made one" wreath. The inner ring and candle holder belonged to my wife, whereas I bouth the plain, artifical green wreath and the purple and pink ornaments a few years ago.
On Sunday evenings we light the candles and say prayers from a booklet I've put together. Last Sunday we had friends over for dinner and we blessed our wreath, lit the candles, said the prayers, and sang "O Come, O Come Emmannuel." When Christms comes closer, we're going to light the candle every night, pray the "O Antiphons," and sing Advent songs."

I think it is so touching that their wreath includes pieces of their single lives to create one of their own. Thank you, Thomas! 
-----------
Please send in your advent wreaths! For Advent, I will be featuring Advent wreaths from my readers on the blog. If you would like to submit yours, please send a photo (or photos!) and a little bit about your family's Advent traditions to cedarsandtinyflowers {at} gmail.com. I hope to post one every day through Advent in addition to my regular posts. Can't wait to read about your wreaths!

No comments :

Post a Comment