Random facts about moi.
1. Surprisingly, I did not like Notre Dame growing up. Ha!
2. Maybe you know that my favorite animal is a chicken, but you don't know that I did things like poultry judging in 4-H and competed in the National Poultry Judging Contest. Hey, I think it is cool that Tommy Boy would suggest to hang out with me.
|Telling the judge what you look for in a chicken breast during poultry showmanship at the Ohio State Fair.|
|I don't know how I haven't ended up on an awkward senior photo list. Make it happen, Ellie? And yes, that belt buckle was won by showing chickens ... what a livestock poser.|
3. I cry at things normal people wouldn't. Who else cries when watching a grainy replay from the 1996 Olympics?
4. In the first grade, I walked up to my teacher and told her that I was now going to spell my name, "Katerina."
5. I am one of thirty-five grandchildren. Christmas is very, very fun.
6. In the third grade, I got my first two rabbits for 4-H, and I named them Kat and Matt because I had a massive crush on a boy named Matthew. They had bunnies. Awkward.
7. Whenever people would say my hair was black, I would correct them with, "No. It's dark, dark, dark brown."
8. I've been to two operas and fell asleep during both of them.
9. I was sent to the principal's office in the sixth grade on picture day because my skirt was too short.
10. When I spent a summer in Belize, I hiked 1.6 miles into a mountain and back when I went on a tour of a cave that was an ancient Mayan sacrificial site. One of the scariest and coolest things I have ever done.
11. The first diaper I ever changed (not counting the training doll at babysitting class) was a bomb of Chris' sister, Molly, when I was twenty years old.
1. Why did you start a blog?
- I spent sooooo much time reading mom blogs, and Chris always asked me why I didn't start one myself. So I did. And the rest is this blog's history.
2. What is your favorite time of your day?
- Meeting Chris on campus for church and lunch with my boys. A good naptime is always heavenly, as well.
3. When was the last time you cried and why?
- Conor was being very, very fussy the other night so then.
4. Do you like to leave comments on other people's blogs? Why or why not?
I do! but I have been so bad at actually doing it lately. I think it is because I look at most blogs on my phone, and I kind of dislike typing on my phone. I need to get over that.
5. What is your favorite quote?
- “And then her heart changed, or at least she understood it; and the winter passed, and the sun shone upon her.” J.R.R. Tolkien - The Return of the King.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
Bad tv like Nashville! You know it's bad when one of the story lines is a fake pregnancy, am I right?
7. Do you have any talents?
- Definitely not any musical ones! I do like to dabble in art, but I am not very talented ... I just enjoy it! But other than that ... chicken judging?
8. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Sophomore in high school
9. How do you feel about plastic surgery?
I don't think I will ever be getting any!
10. What is your favorite childhood memory? A toss up between county and state fairs and camping in the Rocky Mountains
11. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
I was inspired by a quote from St. Therese of Lisieux. You can read about it here.